Monday, May 19, 2014

What have I been quilting

The end of April I put a couple little quilts in a local quilt show.  I won a blue ribbon on the faux trapunto one.
The other small quilt I entered was a trapunto star.  I taught a trapunto class last fall.
Not everyone likes feathers so I designed a star and then with my janome sewed around
the star and embellished it a bit.  I put a grid on the sides of the star and free motioned and
used my janome's embroidery.  My 6500 just has some basic embroidery stitches.  It took
a long time to finish this little quilt.  I used colored pencil plus archival ink to draw on the
star.
I am practicing with some different threads on my longarm.  I drew some crazy feathers
with chalk first.
 
I am not done yet.  I still have to fill in the sun with some fancy stitching.  I have to do the  background fills also.  I will show you later when I am done.   Hope you liked the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment