Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Polar Vortex

I do not like polar vortex's.  Last night the wind was howling.  Temperature dropped to -11 and with the wind chill -34.  The house was creaking.  It was brutal.  Well at 9:20pm the electric went out but luckily only for 2 minutes. Today it got up to 1 degree.
So I stayed inside working on some block of the months I haven't finished.  Here is some from the
2013
block of the month.  It is the woman of courage quilt blocks.  Each block is named after
a woman of courage.  What stories.  This is the Helen Keller, Sojourner Truth and Madeleine de Vercheres quilt blocks.
 Well gotta go get warm by the fireplace.  Papa Pickle  makes the best fires in the fireplace.

1 comment:

  1. I finally put your blog in my favorites.... so now I can go to it when I want... I love all the stories.... Keep it up ... Congratulations to Mark and Evie...... How wonderful.... All my Love xoxo Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete